The Code of Professional Ethics
Whoever adopts teaching as a profession assumes the obligation to conduct him/her in accordance with the ideals of the profession. A Teacher is constantly under the scrutiny of students and the society at large. Therefore, every teacher should see that there is no incompatibility between his precepts and practice. The national Ideals of Education which have already been set forth and which he/she should seek to inculcate among students must be he/her own ideals. The profession further requires the teacher should be calm, patience and communicative by temperament and amiable.
- Manage private in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession.
- Seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research.
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at Professional meeting, Seminars, Conference etc., towards the contribution of Knowledge.
- Maintain active membership professional organization and strive to improve education and profession through latest technology.
- Preform duties in the form of teaching, tutorial, practical and seminar work consistently with dedication.
- Cooperate and assist in carrying out functions relating to educational responsibilities of the college and the university.
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including community service.
Teachers and the Students
- Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing her opinion.
- Justify and be impartial with students regardless of religion, caste, political, economic, social and physical characteristic.
- Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare.
- Inculcate among student scientific outlook, respect for physical labour, ideas of democracy, patriotism and peace.
- Be affectionate to the students and do not behave in a vindictive manner towards them for any reason.
- Pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit.
- Teachers to be available to the student even beyond their class hours, help and guide them without any remuneration or reward.
- Aid students to develop and understand national heritage and national goals.
- Refrain from inciting student against other students, colleagues or administration.
Teachers and colleges
- Speak respectfully of other teacher and render assistance for professional betterment.
- Refrain from lodging unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues to higher authorities.
- Refrain from allowing consideration of caste, creed, religion, sex or race in professional endeavour.
Teachers and Authorities
- Discharge professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and methods consistent with profession in initiating steps through institutional bodies and/or professional organizations for change of any such rule detrimental to the professional interest.
- Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuition and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with professional responsibilities.
- Co-operate and formulation of policies of the Institution by accepting various office and discharge responsibilities which office may demand.
- Co-operate through their organization in the formulation of policies of the other institutions and accept offices.
- Co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institution, keeping in view the interest and in conformity with dignity of the profession.
- Should adhere to the conditions of the contract.
- Refrain from availing leave accept under unavoidable grounds with prior intimation.
Teachers and Nonteaching Staff
- Teachers should treat the non-teaching staff equally in a co-operative manner for the smooth conduct of administrative work.
Teachers and Guardians
- In the Mentor and Mentee system meet the parents or guardians to discuss about the students’ academic performance.
- Send the reports of student’s performance regularly to the parents or guardians.
- For the mutual exchange of ideas and for the benefit of institution conduct parent’s teachers meet at least once in a year.
Teachers and Society
- Recognize that education is a public service and strive to keep the public informed of the educational programmes which are being provided.
- Work to improve education in the community and strengthen community’s moral and intellectual life.
- Be aware of social problems and take part in such activities as would be conducive to the progress of society and country as a whole.
- Refrain from taking part in any activities which tend to promote feeling of hatred or enmity among different communities, religions or linguistic groups by actively work for national integration.
Karnataka State Akkamahadevi Women's University Examination,2018-19
Ms. Sudha Hanamant
B.Com - 10th Rank
Ms. Niharika Patil
BBA - 2nd Rank
Ms. Poonam R. Bhavikatti
BSc - 4th Rank
Ms. Mehraj Banu Sana
Copyright © 2021, Smt. Veeramma Gangasiri Degree College & PG Centre for Women, Kalaburagi
All rights reserved.